Prince Philip Leaves London Hospital

Prince Philip Leaves London Hospital

Prince Philip Leaves London Hospital

Prince Philip Leaves London Hospital

LONDON — Prince Philip, the 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth, left a London hospital on Tuesday, according to Buckingham Palace, a month after he was initially hospitalized and later treated for a heart problem.

Prince Philip was taken from Windsor Castle, a royal residence about 20 miles west of central London, on Feb. 16 after feeling ill and was moved to King Edward VII’s Hospital in the British capital.

He was then transferred to St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, also in London, to undergo surgery this month for a pre-existing heart condition, and was later moved back to King Edward VII’s, where he was discharged on Tuesday.

The palace has not disclosed the exact reason he was first taken to the hospital, retaining a practice of remaining vague about the health of the queen and her husband.

According to the palace, however, Prince Philip’s hospitalization was not related to the coronavirus. The prince and Queen Elizabeth received Covid-19 vaccines in January, and last month, the queen encouraged people to get vaccinated. “Once you’ve had the vaccine, you have a feeling of, you know, you’re protected,” she said in a public call with health officials.

Prince Charles, the couple’s eldest son and the heir to the throne, tested positive for the virus last year, as did Prince William, their grandson.

Prince Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, retired from public life in 2017 and turns 100 in June. He has been admitted to the hospital several times in recent years, including for an infection in 2012, for abdominal surgery in 2013 and for a hip replacement in 2018. He also received treatment for a blocked coronary artery in December 2011.

Buckingham Palace said that Prince Philip had returned to Windsor Castle after his discharge on Tuesday.


Source link

Check Also

Blackout Strikes Natanz Nuclear Facility and Iran Calls It Sabotage

Blackout Strikes Natanz Nuclear Facility and Iran Calls It Sabotage

Blackout Strikes Natanz Nuclear Facility and Iran Calls It Sabotage Blackout Strikes Natanz Nuclear Facility …