With one round of Champions League group games to go, seven teams have secured their place in the round-of-16 knockout stage and 14 more are still vying for the nine remaining spots.
Paris Saint-Germain have booked their spot having conceded the fewest goals of any side in the competition so far (two), while Bayern Munich are through having scored the most (21).
Meanwhile the reigning champions Liverpool still have a job to do to earn their spot in the final 16, while last year’s semi-finalists Ajax are locked in a three-way battle in Group H which looks set to go to the wire.
Manchester City are currently the favourites to lift the trophy, having booked their place with a draw against Shakhtar Donetsk.
Take a look through the teams in the hat and those still fighting to qualify:
What if two or more teams finish on same points?
If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:
- a. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
- b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
- c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
- d. higher number of away goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
- e. if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to l) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;
- f. superior goal difference in all group matches;
- g. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
- h. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
- i. higher number of wins in all group matches;
- j. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
- k. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points)
When is the round-of-16 draw?
The draw will take place at Uefa headquarters on Monday 16 December 2019, at 11pm GMT.
What are the winner odds?
Man City 11/4
Bayern Munich 8/1
Real Madrid 16/1
Atletico Madrid 25/1